For the 2018 - 2019 Scout Year, Pack 290 charges the following fees which includes all Council/National BSA registration/insurance/Boys' Life Magazine Subscription charges as well as Unit costs such as books, advancements and other program fees:
2nd Scout. $75Other Financial Obligations
Our Scouting Program actually costs our Unit over $150 per scout to operate. To help the Pack families defray these costs we offer a variety of fundraising opportunities. Pack Fundraising Programs are mandatory and directly affect the success of the program.
- Please put Saturday, Feb 2nd on your calendars! Our Annual Pack 290 Applebee's Flapjack Fundraiser will be held from 8am to 10am at the Applebee's in Jenkintown.
- Tickets will sell for $7 each
- Every FAMILY in Pack 290 is required to sell 5 tickets. ($35 worth). If you can sell more, great! Please let us know and we'll get you more tickets. We are limited to the number of tickets we sell, so a correct headcount will be needed.
- As we did last year - we'll divide the Pack into 2 shifts, so you'll have a chance to eat and enjoy some time with your family or guests! Each family should plan on working a one hour shift.
- If you plan to eat during the fundraiser (before or after your shift), those tickets are part of your 5 ticket minimum.
No one is turned away for inability to pay. If Scouting seems like a good match for your family, speak to one our Pack Leaders and we can provide you with information on how to apply for financial assistance. A written request is necessary with a commitment to become an active Scout Parent/Volunteer and participation in Unit fundraising campaigns is required.