BSA Quality Award
- Pack 8 is pleased to announce that we have once again earned Gold Level Journey to Excellence Certification for the most current Scout Year, 2017-2018.
- Pack 8 was awarded the Gold Level Journey to Excellence Certification (Current BSA Quality program) for 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018.
- This is the highest level that can be obtained by any Unit within the Boy Scouts of America and reflects both the achievements of the Cub Scouts and the quality of the Scouting program delivered by the adult volunteers.
- Pack 8 was previously recognized as a Centennial Quality Unit (Previous BSA Quality program) in 2007, 2008, 2009, & 2010.
- Pack 8 Tigers made dozens of homemade cards for hospitalized children.
- Pack 8 scouts and their families -along with other Cub packs, Boy Scout troops, and Girl Scout troops- helped the VFW and American Legion decorate the grave of every veteran buried in Dracut with an American flag in preparation for Memorial Day, completing nearly 100 community service hours.
- Pack 8 scouts and their families -along with Boy Scouts from local Boy Scout Troops- swept, raked, trimmed, and otherwise tidied the grounds of Ste. Marguerite D'Youville Parish, completing well over 100 community service hours.
- Pack 8 scouts and their families collected 100's of pounds of food donations for the St. Vincent de Paul Society food pantry, accumulating dozens of community service hours.
Advancements & Accomplishments
- Nearly every Pack 8 scout earned the Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or Webelos rank badge at the Pack 8 Moving Up Ceremony
- Every scout ultimately earned advancement by the end of the scout year.
- Every Webelos II in Pack 8, since 2010 has...
- ...earned the Arrow of Light Award.
- ...earned all 20 Webelos Activity Badges.
- ...joined a Boy Scout Troop!